Which habit are you looking to tackle? Choose a link below and you’ll have access to a range of resources to help make your healthier habit the “path of least resistance.” Want to request more info on a particular habit? Tell me!
Habit #1: Eat More Often
(including workout nutrition)
- How Often Should I Eat?
- Workplace Meals and Snacks: Healthy Habits Can Help
- Thoughts on Meal Frequency, Calorie Restriction and Weight Loss
- How Can We Eat More and Lose Weight?
Habit #2: Eat Smaller Meals
(including portion sizing)
- 8 Foods That Fit People Should Never Skip
- 8 Ridiculously Cheap (and Healthy!) Foods
- Nostalgia Foods You Can Eat without Guilt
- Avoid the Health Halo
- Low Calorie Meals: Friend or Foe?
- Want to Lose Weight? Eat Better, Not Less
- When Bigger Portions Can Be Better
- Portion Planet – Customizable Cups & Plates
Habit #3: Eat More Fruits & Veggies
- Fruits and Vegetables: Easy Ways to Add More to Your Diet
- 10 Ways to Eat More Fruits and Veggies – From Ann Dunaway Teh, MS, RD, LD
- Eat Better and Eat More at the Same Time
- LocalHarvest.org – Find a Farmer’s Market Near You!
- Creative Ways to Cook & Prepare a Variety of Veggies – From Chrissy Carroll, MPH, RD, LDN
- Getting Green(s) for St. Paddy’s Day
- Dark, Leafy Greens: Great Ways to Prepare Them
- What Makes Superfoods So Super?
- The Truth Behind Superfoods
- Of Girlfriends and Green Smoothies, Story
- Of Girlfriends and Green Smoothies: My Fav Five
Habit #4: Drink More Low or No-Calorie Beverages
- 5-Hour Energy®: Product Review
- Sports Drinks and Nutrient-Enhanced Waters: Are They Right for Me?
- Are Your Liquid Calories Pouring on the Pounds? – From Amy Shapiro, RD, CDN, cPT
- Caffeine In Green Tea Vs. Coffee
- Can Diet Sodas Lead to Weight Gain?
- Fluid Intake Needs for Running in the Cold
- Addicted to Diet Soda? 4 Stressipes to Help You Cut Back – From Elisa Zied, MS, RD, CDN
Habit #5: Indulge Less Frequently
- Eating Out the Healthy Way
- 6 Foods That Are Holding You Back
- What Causes Cravings?
- 7 Distractions that Help Cut Cravings
- Cutting Cravings via Distraction
- Vacation Tips for Eating Well: Planning Long, Fun, and Healthful Days
- Vacation Tips for Eating Well: Indulging Wisely Without Guilt
- Vacation Tips for Eating Well: Getting to Your Destination
- Fructose Follies: Is High Fructose Corn Syrup Better for You than Agave?
- Destination Thailand: A Healthy Honeymoon? Part 1
- Destination Thailand: A Healthy Honeymoon? Part 2
Habit #6: Increase Planned Physical Activity
- Exercise: Quality vs. Quantity
- Burn Calories Without Getting Bored
- 25 Ways to Winterize Your Workout
- A Workout Regimen To Lose Weight For Men
- Stay Fit Without Setting Foot in the Gym – From Elisa Zied, MS, RD, CDN
- Will Exercise Help The Brain Improve Balance?
- Do Crunches Reduce Belly Fat?
- Squatting: Ideal vs. Reality
- Modifications and Cues for Re-Learning the Squat
- Tips for Sticking to Your Workout Routine – From Chrissy Carroll, MPH, RD, LDN
- A Holiday Gift to Tight Muscles: Four Self-Myofascial Release Videos!
- Inside the Trainer’s Brain: My Training Philosophy
- Mastering the Art of Regression: Body Awareness & The Pushup
- It’s Cold – Get Outside! – From Reyna Franco, RD, CSSD, cPT
- Newton’s Laws of Motion and Physical Activity
- What One “Muscle” Does Every Exercise You Do Target?
- Knee or Lower Back Pain? Don’t Blame Your Knee or Lower Back
Habits #7 & #8: Sit Less & Walk More
- Replace Social Eating with Social Activity Once a Week: Small Change, Big Results
- Sedentary Jobs: Why They Suck and How to Deal with Them
- One Small Change I Made to Improve My Health – From Anne Mauney, MPH, RD
- Fit Exercise Into Your Already Busy Day – From Amy Shapiro, RD, CDN, cPT
- Workplace Wellness Works
- Obesity and the Workplace
Other topics that span multiple habits:
What’s Your Why?
- Health Experts’ New Year’s Resolutions
- Healthy Eating: If We Know What to Do, Why Don’t We Do It?
- Make a S.M.A.R.T. Resolution
- Achieving Weight Loss and Fitness Success by Setting the Bar
- All Diets Work and That’s the Problem
- Bridging the Attitude Behavior Gap
- Do Happy People Live Longer? Food, Physical Activity and Happiness
- The Smallest of Actions Means More than the Greatest of Intents
- Diets: When Science Meets Gimmick
- Three of the Most Misunderstood Words in Health and Wellness: Willpower
- Three of the Most Misunderstood Words in Health and Wellness: Moderation
- Three of the Most Misunderstood Words in Health and Wellness: Discipline
- Why Nutrition and Exercise “Plans” Are Not Enough
- Three Tips to Make New Years’ Resolutions STICK
- Why are Most Diet and Fitness Programs’ Results NOT Typical?
- Why Long-Term Dieting Doesn’t Work
- How Do We Make Healthy Lifestyle Changes?
- Spring Cleaning in the Kitchen
- Spring Cleaning and Tips for Restocking Your Pantry
- Grilling and Picnic Tips: Desirable Desserts
- Grilling and Picnic Tips: Drinks of the Season
- Grilling and Picnic Tips: Satisfying Side Dishes
- Grilling and Picnic Tips: Guiltless Meats, Fish, and Vegetables
- Cooking at Home: Meal Preparation Tips
- Cooking at Home: Tips for Cleanup
- Cooking at Home: Tips for Healthy Meals
- Spices for Flavor and Health
- Add Flavor to Your Food for Zero Calories
- Faster than Fast Food: Dinner & Dessert for Four within 15 Minutes and $15
- Your Old Friend, the Potato
- Another Old Friend, Corn
Planning & Support
- 14 Little Mental Tricks to Help You Lose Weight
- Eat Healthier All Year Long by Changing Your Food Environment
- Food for Thought this Thanksgiving
- Plan Your Black Friday Strategy (Post Thanksgiving Eating)
- Holiday Tips to Prevent Weight Gain
- Holiday Weight Gain: Avoiding It Without Restrictions
- What Does Wellness and Saving for Retirement Have in Common?
- The Power of Support
Adjusting & Feedback
- Weight Loss: One Pound at a Time
- Losing Weight One Pound at a Time
- The Best Piece of Weight Loss Advice Ever
- 7 Useful Lessons from Trendy Diet Plans
- Want to Eat Better or Lose Weight? Write On!
- How Do You Deal with Game Changers?
- There’s No Such Thing as Failure, Only Feedback (TM)
Additional Links to Author Articles
- By the Author: Health and Fitness Quotes
- By the Author: Health and Fitness Articles